Today I got up early caus lauperr was coming round. She turned up bearing gifts of dognuts, creme eggs and Guinness which made me feel very guilty caus I don’t have an income with which to buy her things 🙁 – wish she’d stop spending all her money on me 😛 On the plus side I now have some Guinness to last me through to new year, yey! Had a wonderful time with laura and we’re meeting up again tomorrow afternoon to watch a film before New Year goings on.
My debian installation is definately starting to take shape and I’m very pleased I took the plunge because I’ve learnt a hell of a lot over the past couple of days through setting it up.
Note to self:
* Still need to install gaim, xcdroast and grip and probably quanta and amaya
* Get USB working with hub, external hard disk and possibly web cam and infra-red port for phone
* Get TV card working and possibly infra-red remote setup and dvbstream server over network
* Find out if anyone’s written a driver for Live! drive yet
* Install GKrellM plugins
* Pursuade mplayer to get a more decent picture from DVDs
* Sort the openoffice.org dictionary
* Copy rest of files from backup and sort fstab and symlinks
* Find out how to add a powerdown command to fluxbox menu
* Get a life
Freeserve have realised I’m not paying them any money and cut off my email again :S bar stewards.
School isn’t really something I want to think about at the minute, but I’m going to have to get back into it all soon or I’m doomed to failure. Well, failure in someone’s eyes anyway.
mchicago had calmed down today after his unfortunate day yesterday and was discussing future plans which I find pretty exciting, but don’t tell him that. There’s a kind of romance in not having a clue what I’m doing next year… and it’s also frelling scary. Someone give me a job, please? Just for one year, that’s all I ask.
DeepDown is coming along quite well considering certain… setbacks and I’m still wishing I could be more involved. I’m trying to convince myself that doing some PHP/MySQL work for DeepDown would be good practice for my Coursework, but time is a little short for that I think.
This small text is starting to hurt my eyes now because I’ve been supping whisky. Goodnight.